With the kids being a little on the crazy side yesterday afternoon, I didn’t have a lot of time to think about what to make for Supper. We had plenty of fish in the freezer and thought they would make a nice ending to the week. It was our first week of ‘no wheat‘ and as I had a box of rice crumbs in the cupboard I decided to crumb the fish in a non wheat kind of way. After looking up a few different versions of crumbing and battering (thanks to google) I came up with this version. I made fish bites for the kids to enjoy. Next time I’ll use an extra fillet for the fish bites so we have two full fillets for the adults.
- 2 whiting fillets
- 2 eggs
- 120g coconut milk
- 100g almond flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup rice crumbs
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 200'c. Line a baking tray with baking paper and brush with oil.
- Blend eggs, coconut milk, almond flour and salt in thermomix bowl for 20 seconds / speed 4. Set aside to be used for the batter.
- Combine rice crumbs, garlic powder, paprika and a dash of salt on a plate for crumbing.
- Lightly dry fish on a paper towel and dip each fish individually into the batter mix. Allow the excess to drip off.
- Press both sides of the fish into the crumb mixture and place onto the baking tray.
- Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before baking for 10 minutes (turning once at the halfway mark), or until cooked.